There are several ways to go about saving on pet meds, but one great way that you may not be aware of is to search for generic forms of your pet’s medications on HelpRx. Many pet meds are just human prescriptions in different dosages. One great example of these medications is antibiotics. Most of the antibiotics that pets need when they get sick are the same as those for humans. Check out the list of common pet/human medications that can be found on HelpRx at discounted prices. Then find out how to start saving on these medications for your canine and feline companions.
Common Pet Meds on HelpRx
Antibiotics are commonly prescribed and effective pet meds. They are used to treat a wide range of infections that frequently occur in animals. These infections include upper respiratory infections, bladder infections, urinary tract infections, and intestinal infections such as giardiasis.
- Amoxicillin 85% Discount
- Metronidazole 67% Discount
- Clindamycin 51% Discount
Antifungals are used to treat fungal infections. Pets may pick up dangerous types of fungi from decaying wood and soil. A common fungal infection found in dogs is called blastomycosis. It causes skin lesions and eye inflammation. Another is called asperigillosis which pets can come obtain from common mold.
- Ketoconazole 84% Discount
- Fluconazole 29% Discount
Dogs and cats are both susceptible to eye infections. Common infections include conjunctivitis and juvenile cellulitis. Cats often get uveitis which can be caused by a variety of pathogens or diseases. Treatment depends on the source of the infection. The following eye drops are used to treat a wide range of eye infections.
- Gentamicin Sulfate Solution 91% Discount
- Neomycin/polymycin/bacitracin Solution 59% Discount
Many pet symptoms can be controlled with medications just as ours are. Sometimes symptom control is the only thing a cat or dog needs while its immune system fights off an illness on its own. The most common symptoms that your vet can manage with medication include coughing and pain. Pain can be managed with NSAIDs, corticosteroids, and GABA analogs while coughs can be controlled with safe doses of certain cough suppressants and expectorants.
Pet Pain Management
- Tramadol HCl 75% Discount
- Gabapentin 63% Discount
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin 75% Discount
- Prednisone 58% Discount
- Prednisolone 52% Discount
How to Start Saving
- Ask your vet about the generic name for the medication that your pet needs.
- Search HelpRx for the medication.
- Print your coupon or sign up for a discount card. (Electronic coupons are also available.)
- Present your coupon or discount card when you buy your medication to get a discount.
- Keep your HelpRx discount card handy for whenever you, your family member, or your pet needs prescription medication.
We offer many more pet medications than just those listed above, be sure to search our discount database for the savings available for your pet’s needs. Also, visit our Pet Medicine Category Page for more information.