This medicine is a pediculicide used to treat head lice in patients 6 months of age and older.
Follow the directions for using this medicine provided by your doctor. An additional patient information leaflet is available with this medicine. Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist any questions that you may have about this information. THIS MEDICINE IS FOR TOPICAL USE ONLY. Do not get this medicine in the eyes. Keep eyes closed until this medicine is rinsed out of the hair. IF USING THIS MEDICINE ON A CHILD, cover the eyes with a washcloth or towel. Apply enough of this medicine to saturate hair and scalp, especially behind the ears and on the back of the neck. Leave on hair for 10 minutes. Rinse with water. REPEAT TREATMENT AFTER 7 DAYS. Wash your hands immediately after using this medicine. All personal headgear, scarves, coats, and bed linens should be disinfected by machine washing in hot water and drying. Use the hot cycle of a dryer for at least 20 minutes. Personal articles of clothing and bedding that cannot be washed or dried by machine may be dry cleaned, sealed in a plastic bag for a period of about 2 weeks, or sprayed with a product specifically designed for this purpose. Personal combs and brushes may be disinfected by soaking in hot water above 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for 5 to 10 minutes. Thoroughly vacuum rooms, including furniture, of individuals infected with lice. STORE THIS MEDICINE at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly-closed container, away from heat, moisture, and light. IF YOU MISS A DOSE OF THIS MEDICINE, use it as soon as you remember.
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with this medicine. Because little, if any, of this medicine is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low. INFORM YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST of all prescription and over-the-counter medicine that you are taking. DO NOT START OR STOP any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval. Inform your doctor of any other medical conditions including allergies, pregnancy, or breast-feeding. Tell your doctor if you are using this medicine on a baby and the baby was born early (premature). THIS MEDICINE CONTAINS BENZYL ALCOHOL, which may cause serious and sometimes fatal reactions in premature infants and newborns. Use of this medicine is not recommended in children younger than 6 months old. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns about taking this medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS that may occur while using this medicine include mild skin or scalp irritation, itching, numbness, or pain. If they continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience painful, red skin bumps or ulcers. AN ALLERGIC REACTION to this medicine is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue. This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your healthcare provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
IF OVERDOSE IS SUSPECTED, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. THIS MEDICINE MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. If you or someone you know may have taken this medicine by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
DO NOT SHARE THIS MEDICINE with others for whom it was not prescribed. DO NOT USE THIS MEDICINE for other health conditions. KEEP THIS MEDICINE out of the reach of children and pets. CHECK WITH YOUR PHARMACIST about how to dispose of unused medicine.