Factive Coupon & Discounts
Save on Factive at your pharmacy with the free discount below.
Savings with HelpRx
Discount Up To
Factive* This discount % is an estimate based off recent cardholder data. THIS DISCOUNT NEVER EXPIRES.
How to use your Factive Discount:
- 1. Click on "CLAIM DISCOUNT" below to select how you would like to receive your HelpRx.info coupon
- 2. Print, email or SMS your coupon
- 3. Present your coupon the next time you go to fill your prescription for Factive
- 4. Don't forget to give us mailing address so we can send you the durable plastic card!
Related Factive Drug Discounts
Search our Discount Database for 50,000+ Other Rx Discounts
browse drugs (A-Z):
What is Factive?
Factive is the brand name of the fluoroquinolone antibiotic gemifloxacin. It is prescribed to treat bacterial lung infections such as pneumonia and bronchitis, and it may also be prescribed to treat other bacterial infections. It works by killing the bacteria that cause these infections. It is not effective for treating viral infections such as colds or influenza.
How do I take Factive?
The Factive drug is dispensed as a tablet that is taken orally, with or without food. Drink plenty of water while taking this medication. The amount taken and the frequency of dosing will depend on the condition being treated and the needs of the patient. Take all of the tablets in the prescription, even if you are feeling better.
Before taking Factive, tell your doctor if:
- You are allergic to gemifloxacin or any of the ingredients in Factive
- You are allergic to any quinolone or fluoroquinolone antibiotics
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are nursing a child
- You are taking any prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, or supplements, especially anticoagulants, antidepressants; antipsychotics, diuretics, oral or injectable steroids, erythromycin, hormone replacement therapy, medications irregular heartbeat, probenecid, NSAIDs, antacids containing magnesium hydroxide or aluminum hydroxide, vitamins or supplements containing iron, magnesium, or zinc, or didanosine
- You have myasthenia gravis
- You have, or have had a prolonged QT interval, arrhythmia, or an irregular or slow heartbeat, nerve problems, low potassium or magnesium levels
- You have, or have had, seizures, cerebral arteriosclerosis, chest pain, or liver disease
What are the possible side effects of taking Factive?
Some individuals have reported side effects after taking Factive. Mild symptoms include headache, diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting. If any of these conditions persist or worsen, contact your doctor. Severe side effects requiring immediate medical attention include tendinitis, ruptured tendons, tachycardia, signs of jaundice, changes in urine color or frequency of urination, seizures, anxiety, confusion, depression, sleep difficulties, dizziness, visual and aural hallucinations, signs of an allergic reaction (hives, rash, itching, swelling of the face, mouth, lips, throat, or tongue, difficulty breathing or swallowing), lightheadedness, nervousness, nightmares, paranoia, restlessness, severe diarrhea, watery or bloody stools, suicidal thoughts, joint or muscle pain, unusual bleeding or bruising, or bodily tremors.
What if I forget to take a dose of Factive?
If you forget to take your scheduled dose of Factive, do so as soon as you remember and are able. However, if the time is near for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and resume the regular dosing schedule. Do not increase the amount taken or change the dosing regimen to compensate for a missed dose.
How do I store Factive?
Keep your Factive medicine tightly sealed in its original container, out of the reach of children and away from the extremes of temperature and humidity. Dispose of any unused or expired doses according to the recommendations of your pharmacist.
What happens if I overdose on Factive?
If an overdose of the Factive drug is suspected, contact the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222. If the individual has stopped breathing or lost consciousness, contact Emergency Services at 911.
Factive may weaken tendons and cause them to rupture. Contact your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medication. Factive may make you drowsy, dizzy, lightheaded, or confused; do not drive, operate heavy machinery or equipment, use power tools, or handle firearms until its effects are known. Avoid prolonged or unnecessary exposure to sunlight while taking this medication.
Factive is the brand name of the antibiotic gemifloxacin; it is not available under any other brand name. To help keep Factive prices manageable, HelpRx offers a downloadable Factive coupon that lowers costs by up to 75% at local pharmacies. In addition, HelpRx has a discount card available that can also reduce the prices of hundreds of medications by as much a 75% as well. To have us mail you this reusable discount card, click the ‘Free Card’ button at the top of any page on our website.
Top Prescription Drug Coupons
- Adderall Xr
- Advair Diskus
- Focalin Xr
- Generess Fe
- Lantus Solostar
- Lo Loestrin Fe
- Minastrin 24 Fe
- Namenda XR
- Novolog Flexpen
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo
- Plan B
Prescription Drug Conditions
- Addiction/Substance Abuse
- Bacterial Infection
- Bipolar Disorder
- Birth Control
- Bladder & Prostate
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Eye Care
- Heart Health
- Heartburn & Digestion
- High Blood Pressure
- Muscle Spasms
- Pet Medicine
- Skin Care
- Sleep Help
- Weight Loss & Diet