This medicine is a pediculicide used to treat head lice.
Follow the directions for using this medicine provided by your doctor. Apply enough medicine to dry hair to completely wet the hair and scalp. Apply this medicine to scalp hair only. Pay special attention to the hair on the back of the head and neck while applying this medicine. THIS MEDICINE IS FLAMMABLE. Do not expose this medicine or wet hair to lit cigarettes, open flames, or other heat sources (eg, electric heaters, hair dryers). DO NOT SMOKE while applying the lotion or while the hair is wet. DO NOT USE a hair dryer to dry hair. Allow hair to air dry naturally and keep it uncovered after you apply this medicine. Wash your hands immediately after using this medicine. After 8 to 12 hours, shampoo hair, paying particular attention to the hair on the back of the head and neck while shampooing. Rinse, and then comb the hair with a fine-tooth (nit) comb to remove dead lice and eggs. Start at the scalp and comb to the ends. If lice are still present after 7 to 9 days, use this medicine again as directed by your doctor. A second treatment is usually not necessary. STORE THIS MEDICINE at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C), away from heat and open flame. KEEP THIS MEDICINE out of the reach of children and away from pets. IF YOU MISS A DOSE OF THIS MEDICINE, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor.
Some medicines or medical conditions may interact with this medicine. INFORM YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST of all prescription and over-the-counter medicine that you are taking. DO NOT START OR STOP any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval. Inform your doctor of any other medical conditions, allergies, pregnancy, or breast-feeding. Use of this medicine in INFANTS is not recommended. They may be at a greater risk of side effects. Discuss with your doctor the risks and benefits of using this medicine on your child. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about using this medicine.
SIDE EFFECTS that may occur while using this medicine include mild stinging or irritation of the skin or scalp. If they continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience burning of the skin or scalp. AN ALLERGIC REACTION to this medicine is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue. This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your healthcare provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. Symptoms of overdose may include slow, shallow breathing or difficulty breathing.
DO NOT SHARE THIS MEDICINE with others for whom it was not prescribed. DO NOT USE THIS MEDICINE for other health conditions. CHECK WITH YOUR PHARMACIST about how to dispose of unused medicine.